Friday, May 30, 2008

This is it

It took us 7 months. Friday, May 30th is the official day.

On this day, I was about two weeks late.
On this day, we were wondering...
On this day, I took a pregnancy test.
On this day, we saw two lines.

We're having a baby! (screeeech. stop the presses! whoa!! a baby?!)

Admittedly, I am quite nervous, but we couldn't be happier. We can't wait to grow our family, and share our lives and love with a little boodlie (aka- baby).

I will never forget how Tim's face lite up when I told him. He came home from work, knowing he had a surprise, but thought it was a gift from italy. I sent him directly to the kitchen, telling him something was wrong with the oven. I had a hamburger bun in inside for him to find, but he didn't get it right away... so funny, his troubleshooting skills were already in the works, asking me if I'd checked the breaker and thinking about wiring... he wondered about the bun, but totally ignored it. When I asked what he thought of the 'bun in the oven', he started to say something, and then totally got it. He came back around the corner, with huge eyes and a big smile, and then saw the baby banner. I also bought an extra test that we could do together later that night. I didn't want him to miss out on seeing the two lines, and getting as giddy as I was over a pee stick.

Welcome to our lives, little one!

Today was a great day.

No comments: