Friday, January 23, 2009

Week 39

1 week to go... or more, or less.

Baby's foot at 37 weeks

Baby is still happy to be inside and is moving/kicking plenty. He's big now, but is still such a good, happy baby... he hasn't given me any heartburn, no painful rib jabs, etc. We're just coasting along as we always have.

The most I can tell you is that he's head down, 'engaged' in my pelvis, and we could see the vernix floating in his amniotic fluid at yesterday's appointment (which does mean he's preparing for his debut, but apparently he's still enjoying being cramped like a pretzel). My doctor also said that if he's not voluntarily going into labor, they will induce me on the 8th day past my due date - which means February 6th. One way or the other, this baby's being born.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy a weekend with Butter.
xoxo,
L

2 comments:

PerryBlog said...

I guess that means my prediction was wrong and I don't win... Hang in there!

Laura said...

Eyes on the prize Kim, I like it! If we go into labor today, you'd still win... but by tomorrow, Chria pulls into the winning circle for a couple days. Send us some labor vibes, you just never know! :)
xoxo