Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Land of the Free

We made it. We're here. Phew.

The move is half-way over, and we're enjoying some transition time at Tim's parents house in Virginia. We flew from Munich to Dulles on June 1, and, drum roll.... Van was grrrreat!

Despite 'down-turned face' on his passport, he is a very happy flyer!

We had a short flight and stop over in London, where he was awake and loving all his new surroundings and the people watching - he is such a curious sort. Then, on the long leg from London to Dulles, it was our nighttime, and Van slept the whole way. I wish I could say I planned it that way when booking our tickets, it was such good timing. We also had bulkhead seats, thanks to our babe - double score!

Arriving in London.

On the way to Dulles.

Once we arrived, they lost Van's bag (of course!), but otherwise, we've been enjoying some crazy thunderstorms, warm weather and time with Nana and Pops. Upon meeting 'Pops', Van immediately gave his big gummy smile and it was love at first sight. Nana constantly says what a good, happy baby Van is and how his smiles melt her heart (I feel the same).

We were also mega-fortunate to have some wonderful, wonderful friends in the area who have loaned us a bunch of clothes, toys and baby gear for Van. It saved us having to pack and lug all of our own stuff around. Thank you, Bill & Michelle!

Van LOVES the exersaucer.

Van has not slowed down a bit, and has continued to change a ton in the last couple weeks. In the blink of an eye, he grows! He's started being a wiggly-jiggly baby and rarely sits still.

Here he is scootching out of his swing. Security straps are a must these days.

He also rolled from his back to front. I think it was accidental, as he was on the gymini and contorting himself into a 'U' shape on his side to see something above him, and when I looked back, he was on his belly. He makes me laugh daily with his inquisitiveness and ability to squirm to see something better, closer, or from a different angle (his big thing is to lean backwards and look at things upside down).

I'm hoping to work on our daytime routine and 'schedule' this month. Get us a little more organized. But we'll see how well that works out - admitedly, I'm still really tired from the time change and move, on top of daily life with a super cool baby.

Much love to you all!

3 comments:

Zervis Family said...

That is great news that the trip was a success. I can't believe how big he is! We are looking forward to seeing you very soon!

PerryBlog said...

Yes!!! One step closer to us! Enjoy your time with family. See you soon.

jamie said...

ahhh- that passport picture kills me. gotta save that one forever. :)