Smart boy: Van has become more and more interested in books. And not just putting them in his mouth (although that is still a regular occurrence). He'll squeel and pump his legs when we show him one of his favorites: Moo, Baa, La, La, La or Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Healthy boy: Van's eating has gone through a 180-degree change this past month. We started him on formula first... He balked for about a week and a half (what can I say? he's a boob man), but is now eagerly taking the bottle and likes to try holding it himself. Next, we introduced solid food. He has been waiting MONTHS for food. At about 2 months old, he started staring at us eating and I'd feel guilty not giving him some. Well, no more. He gets his own food now, which he's eagerly inhaling. His favorite seems to be peas (thankfully, Grandpa's dislikes did not pass down).
Funny boy: He's started staring at his hands and turning them back and forth, as if he's holding something of interest. But he's not holding anything. Early signs of OCD? Come on, Van. What ARE you up to??
Smiling boy: Oh man. He is such a ham for the ladies. A regular scenario at the grocery store: We're in line with a woman infront or behind us, he'll look at them until they pay attention to him, then they say 'hi' and smile, tell him how cute he is, annndd it begins... he turns away into my shoulder to play coy, and soon turns back with a beaming smile meant to melt whoever it lands upon. Works every time. More attention and more smiles from those around us to encourage him. With guys, he just stares. Can't quite decide what to make of them, especially if they have a beard or mustache.
Silly boy: Someone is tickelish! You can usually get him under his arms, at the top of his thighs, or towards the top of his back. He loves to hop around with me, and I can also get some laughs out of him when I gobble his chin and neck. His laugh is the best sound in the world.
Physical boy: Van is sitting up on his own! Grantid, he usually falls over within a minute or two of being propped up, but I love that he's getting so big. I feel incredibly lucky to be with him all the time and watching these small daily changes, seeing him grow from a baby to a toddler. He's also cut his first tooth this past week. It's one of his bottom front teeth; my dentist sister called it "P", if that means anything to anyone else. Along with the tooth, he got his first cold. Or pseudo cold. I've been told that cutting a tooth can bring on cold like symptoms (small fever, runny nose, etc). Guess we'll see if the same thing happens with tooth #2.
Oh, how I love you little Van-man.
xoxo,
mama


2 comments:
Oh yay!! Thank you for the update! (Although Chria and I protest that it can't possibly have been 8 months since we were in Germany...) Big kisses to Van man!!! xo
Yippee. I am happy for the update. He is so cute (and talented) of course. I was so excited to meet him.
Post a Comment