Sunday, September 27, 2009

8 months old

Wow. Wow. Wow. The months are going by FASTER. Someone please stop time and freeze my sweet baby!

Our little dude has been busy this month... mostly great stuff, but some not so fun stuff too.

We started sleep training (this qualifies as 'not so fun'). As a matter of fact, I hate it (but probably not as much as Van hates it). The first night we put him to bed on his own, I was gone. Thankfully. The second night, I was home and I cried right along with Van. I wont lie, it sucks. And I partially feel responsible for getting us into this position. But! 6 days in, and I'm happy to report that he's usually only fussy when he goes down now and there's little to no crying. Fingers crossed that it continues, or gets even easier. Sleep is a good thing, my little love! We like to go to sleep.


Now for the FUN stuff... we started our baby class at BCC last week. Seems like some great moms and babies are in the group, and Van spent our whole first class checking everyone and everything out. He'd look back or reach for me occasionally, just to make sure I was still there, but otherwise, he seemed very interactive and loved the new environment. He was so enthralled, he didn't even bat an eye when an older, walking kiddo came over and took his toy right out of his hands. He thought the other kids were just as interesting as the toys.

Ready for our first day of class
(Van's expression is 'enough with the pictures, I'm staring at the sun here!')


We have not one, but TWO teeth on the bottom. I thought his gummy smiles were the cutest, but it keeps getting better and better.

He also started (last day or two) to get onto all fours and rock back and forth. Crawling is imminent and I really, really need to get the house baby-proofed!

And of course, we've spent more days out in the September sun. Here's a shot from yet another zoo, Woodland Park:


We're also a very happy babbler lately. The favorite sounds are: n-ga, gu-gu, uh-wahhh-eee.

Happy 8 month birthday, Van. You are so very loved!
mama

No comments: