Since I'm hoping for an early delivery, our baby vanders may only have a couple more weeks of the single-good-life. My belly is heavy and very uncomfortable, and I'm looking forward to delivery day with utter glee and total terror. What will our lives be like after d-day?!As Van turned 19 months, he's showing more and more and more personality. He's testing everything, changing his mind and developing interests.
Some of the fun ones:
- When he plays with crayons, he will hand you a crayon and grab one for himself. They are both orange, his favorite color.
- He started spitting out food, randomly, like every 3rd bite. Did he take too big a bite? Was that particular bite bad? We have no idea. So we've been working hard on keeping food in the mouth and telling him to 'chew and swallow'. But when we do this, he makes a big show of it and exaggerates everything, which makes us laugh.
- He does not like fruit in his yogurt. This started happening during the food-spitting-out-phase above. Too bad I just bought a huge box of fruit flavored yoplait yogurts from costco. I blame tim, who pretty much only eats vanilla.- He is trying soooo hard to jump. His attempts, with his squat, complete concentration and push up of his arms, is the cutest thing to watch. Still no air, though. I'm worried though, as he has started to attempt jumps OFF of objects (steps, boxes, etc).
- He hugs. When sitting on the floor, he will come give you a hug in the front, and then will walk around hug you from the back.
- He's fairly tentative when trying anything for the first time. I don't think he's going to be our dare-devil child, but I still reserve judgment.
- He's gotten bossy. In a nice way. When he wants you to do something, he will tell you - usually using the word ('sit' he's very clear with, 'weee' is for read, etc). And then he looks up at you, innocent and expecting something to happen. When you ask if he wants you to read the book, he says 'yeah' shaking his head.
- He's a polite rascal and says 'peees'. (you might have to prompt him, but he says it)- He self-regulates. When he knows he's not supposed to do something, he says 'no, no, no, no' and looks at you for confirmation. He would just love for me to say 'yes', as he holds his cheese above his water glass.
- He's counting to three. As in: 'suh, sue, seeee' (usually accompanied by an attempted jump)
- He says 'I love you' by blowing a kiss.
- Reading continues to be a favorite activity. I LOVE that he loves to read. He now says 'reee' for read, and will bring both you and himself a book to either look at, hold while reading the other, or just to share.
- Btw, he's a great share-er. I'm not sure that will continue, but when kids come over, he brings them his toys and likes to watch them play with them. He seems to get a kick out of giving things to people.
Some pictures and activities from the past month:
Vashon beach bash - end of July
Loving some lazy Saturday morning daddy time
Seabrook for mama's 35th birthday - mid August
We love you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment