Still smiling a ton and loving people, he usually captures most people's attention and holds it for quite a while. Who could resist that sweet baby smile?!
At our pediatrician appointment, we learned he's growing like gangbusters. At 4 months, Adam is 17 lbs. (90-95%) and 27 inches (97%). Compare this to Van at 6 months (16 lbs, 27.5 inches). Down the road, I think Adam will be able to hold his own against his big brothers rough play. Despite my constant worry over breastfeeding (I have a fear of losing milk supply, since it happened twice with Van), both Tim and I are incredibly thankful that it has been relatively easy this time and working so well. We have a happy, healthy growing boy.
34 lbs. 4 oz. (95+%) and 36 inches long (90%).
Van has been a really good eater (although, he likes to shun berries). However, a mom recently told me about some 2.5 year 'switch', where the kids shut down and stop trying new things. It freaked me out, since I have been such a creature of habit with his food and usually offering whatever is healthy yet easy. So I pulled my own 'switch' and have been determined to try lots of new foods and have variety, at least so he's familiar with it. He's probably wondering why he's barely getting his beloved peanut butter bread anymore! (don't worry, there are plenty of years to eat peanut butter)
He's counting everything and goes up to 10, loves to sing (twinkle twinkle, old macdonald, abc's and wheels on the bus are currently in his repertoire) and be sung to, and while he knows his colors, when asked what color something is, his first answer without even really thinking about it is 'pink'. The vast world is awaiting his every discovery... he points at and exclaims things with glee, and when we ask 'where?', he happily says 'right there!'. He has the BEST laugh. This morning at Starbucks, a dad and boy were at the play table looking for the Amelia Bedelia book and when the father found it - van squeeled and said 'yay!', then laughed and everyone joined in. Van continued to make good buddies of the pair and while listening to the father read the book, he stalked the kids snack (he's a good eater). Van is so open, friendly and fun. He's going to love preschool.
As for the two boys together, things are much easier these days. Now that Adam isn't so tiny, and Van has learned a lot about being careful, we have a lot of fun. Van still calls Adam 'baby', loves to crawl around and lay next to him, and gives him hugs and kisses. He'll lay down in Adam's play mat next to him and say 'same'. It's really amazing to see the two of them together. However, while I love this time, the true value in having a second child will be when they can play together and become best buds. I know it was hard for Van to adjust, and he did really, really well, so I hope in the years to come, he realizes that we had Adam mostly for him. To have an amigo to travel through life with.
xoxo


1 comment:
The best is still yet to come. Your boys are similar in age comparison as mine and Braden and Conner play so well together. Ever since Conner was old enough to start playing I have enjoyed watching them enjoy each other. Brothers are the best!
Post a Comment