"I bribe my kids whenever it will work and threaten them if the bribe isn't working. I refer to it as "The double bribe threat combo" and I actually have no problem with this method of parenting. "
"I let my voicemail pick up 90% of my phone calls each day and only return about 10% of them"
"I ate the last piece of my daughter's ice cream cake after I told her there was no more left. "
"I'm too lazy to take my daughter's binky away at night."
"I let my dog "vacuum" my floor if the kids spill crackers or something."
"I tell my kids food is spicy if I don't want to share."
"I rent porn on occasion, tell DH it was not me and he calls Comcast ranting and raving about erroneous charges "
"I hold my laptop more than I hold my baby. Actually in my defense I do them at the same time (BFing). I told DH the heat from the laptop keeps her warm. LOL"
"I will be a sad sad woman when the kids stop believing in Santa... Santa threats make 85% of my problems go away!"
"When make cookies or cinnamon rolls for the boys, I always pick out the "best" ones for myself (the ones with the most chips, or the most icing)"
"I also tell the kids places are closed when I really just don't want to go there! My son was soooooo surprised that Chuck E. Cheese was open for his birthday party! LOL"
"I take my laptop in the bathroom with me and surf the web ..DH thinks I just have an upset stomach"
"I buy treats at the store and hide them from my kids & DH"
"If we all sleep in until 8 or 8:30, I lie to DH and tell him we've been up since he left (7 a.m.) I try not to sound too lazy. "
"I don't recycle. And I only feel a little bit bad about it."
"When Noah's fish died I was elated! That damm fish food smelled so bad it made me want to barf. Oh you didn't know Noah had a fish? Yes, Fudgy the fish died before I had a chance to even write about him. Did you know you cannot pet a fish like a cat or a dog? Well, now Noah does!"
"Sometimes I let Emme chew on a piece of Kleenex. The girl loves paper products! I almost always get all the pieces out before she swallows them."
"Noah caught me saying "crap!" one day and started repeating it. I convinced him what I actually said was "crack!" as in "crackers" so now whenever he drops something or stubs his toe he says "oh, crackers!!!!""


5 comments:
Oh yes, I also tell Braden places are closed if I don't want to go there. He thinks certain places like McDonalds and Chuck E Cheese are closed alot. Also, I take Braden and Conner to daycare two afternoons a week in the summer to hold my place and keep them familiar. If Braden is complaining about going I tell him I have to go to work (he always loves it once he goes there of course). You'll be a great mommy Laura! Anyone who can keep up 4 blogs will have no problem juggling that cute little baby!
Ha ha! I tell Fletcher and Quinn the shopping carts at the grocery store that have a car attached to the front are only for "babies" and they are much too old and big to ride in them. The real reason being they are nearly impossible to navigate, I always run into things, and the nonstop squeaking of the horn drives me nuts.
These all seem perfectly reasonable to me.
I think the entire reason that Clara is a good sleeper is because I'm selfish. "What's that? Clara's crying at 3AM? Hmmm..." (rolls over, goes back to sleep.) Poor Clara. Happy, well rested mommy. :)
I love it. All VERY good info ladies, thanks!
And jamie, I fully intend to follow in your nighttime footsteps. :)
Post a Comment