I'm pretty excited about the idea of making Thor's food - another cooking outlet. Although, it sounds so easy, I'm not sure you can consider it 'cooking'. Steam a veggie, puree with some water and freeze it in ice cube trays.
I just found a great website for recipes, baby food stage chart, and storing tips. If you're interested in making your own baby food, check it out! Wholesome Baby Food
Has anyone else tried or made their own baby food?
Test
13 years ago


5 comments:
We did... I think I can count on one hand the number of times I bought jarred baby food. It was super easy! The book "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron was really helpful-- we didn't go the whole "super porridge" route (read the book and this will make sense), but the rest of the book, albeit a little crunchy, was really useful.
Awesome, thanks! I'll look up the book at B&N when we're home in Oct.
I tried to make Nick's food...he just had no interest in baby food of any kind until about 9-10 months when he started eating more adult food. Oh well, it was a good effort.
I tried doing this too but once school started for me I gave it up. I was just too busy but I think it is a great way to go.
I made all Mason's babyfood. It was super easy. I had a book with recipes, but it really boiled down to steam anything until really soft and throw in your mini-Cuisinart with enough water to make the consistency you're after. I would have never done it without those two machines! It was also not a long process for us. Mason moved on to cut up food by 8 mos. Have fun.
Post a Comment