Thursday, December 10, 2009

Paint the Town

If you're a grandparent and reading this... maybe you can pretend some surprise on Christmas!

We coordinated an outing with nana (great grandma) after Tim left for Germany. We needed some activities to help get us through this 10 day stint without daddy. Plus, being baby's first christmas, we needed to commemorate with hand prints! And the 'sugar on top' was being able to hang out with nana (still feels wonderful to be home near family).

This event would not have been possible without nana. Van was sooo great at giving us his hand and foot prints, but afterward... it took me a while to do the writing and decorating, and he got bored. Nana took him, bounced him, talked to him, fed him puffs, all while I was working furiously to finish our mugs, plates and ornaments.

Van and nana loved hanging out with each other, and I was feeling very blessed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea. I did that with Conner but didn't think of it with Braden. People will love them!