Tuesday, March 30, 2010

14 months

I can't believe my baby is 14 months!! He's changing. He's changing Big time! And I love it, every second. He's learning so fast, and growing in personality. I can already see him testing me, and truthfully, I'm worried he may win - a lot.

Pushing a chair to it's limit.

Instead of seeking to destroy (his mega block table, cushy blocks, etc), he actually tries to build. Don't get me wrong though, he's still Dr. Destructo any chance he gets. Our house is a war zone every evening, and we simply clean it up, somewhat excited to see what he gets into or finds fascinating the next day.

Caught in the act of emptying a desk drawer. I imagine him thinking,
"why is everything hidden in all these drawers? it should be out ALL OVER the floor! here, let me help".

I have learned that you can NEVER have too many toys. I currently need more, since I've always tried to stay pretty minimal. However, it doesn't allow for much rotation. I see him getting bored at home, one of the many growing personality traits. In those moments, I usually scoop him up and take him to the kids museum we joined. Get out some of the exploration and wiggle in a new, fun environment. I can't wait for spring though and drier weather where he can be let loose outside. It's still pretty rainy these days, although I did buy him some waterproof pants thinking we could brave some light moisture. A sprinkle wont melt us (although he is sugar sweet).

Starting out early, with an interest in coffee and chocolate.
A mocha frappuccino doubles as a toy, right?

He's very huggy with me right now, will lay down on the couch (for all of 2 seconds, because he does not sit still) with me and rest his head on my cheek or chest. This morning he did that in bed, and said 'mama'. Sweetest thing ever!

Hold still for my crappy phone camera, little man! Giggle, giggle, giggle.

He's walking, a little unbalanced at times, and when his bare legs motor around they make me want to eat them up! Tim and I can't help but think we have the cutest little munchkin on the planet.

He's talking! His current vocabulary:
Mama
Da (dog)
Du (duck- he's been signing this one for a while)
Mmmm (for 'moo', aka - cow)

His last bout of teething were two of his back teeth, at the same time, and they hurt. They hurt us all. There was a stint of about 3 weeks worth of high-pitched screams and whining, and it wasn't fun for any of us. I hear the pain of teething can be so excruciating that it would put an adult in the hospital. Yet we have them go through it with some mediocre teething tablets and hugs from mom. Poor little guy (not that I didn't have my moments where I begged calgon to take me away, but mostly, he got a lot of sympathy from his mama). And, the high-pitched screaming stopped almost as quickly as it began. I barely remember it, and yet, I have an inner fear of the next tooth.

We love you like crazy, snuggle buggle. Bring on the next month of fun! (and hopefully some outdoor time)

2 comments:

Zervis Family said...

Wow, what a cutie! Yes I do remember that stage of boredom with the current toys. We too belong to the zoo and omsi so we have both summer and winter covered. Looks like you are having so much fun!

Unknown said...

I will save some toys to pass along if you are interested. We just got rid of a set but we always pile up pretty quick as our kids are overly spoiled by grandparents. We are always looking for a good home for the excess toys!