Van woke up crying, calmed down, threw a fit before we even got to the stairs, pulled out of it, broke into another one downstairs after breakfast which lasted 20+ minutes, calmed down again, started another promptly thereafter... and on and on. Never for any good reason. Was just in a terrible mood and couldn't seem to control himself. I think we maybe had 10 minutes of NOT crying/screaming between 7am and 10:30am.
It felt like a battle, all morning long. My patience usually runs thin by about the 4th tantrum. By then, I'm struggling with myself as well as Van and how to best help him.One second he's fine, the next he's on the floor screaming, pulling his hair, bucking. It's insane. I decided to go to our 'preschool readiness' class, despite his awesome attitude. And guess what, he was his usual happy, easy-going self, from the second we left the house. Lesson learned. Just. Make. It. Out. Of. The. House. And I'll survive. Amen.
If there's much more of this in-store for me as we turn 2.5, I'm in trouble.


3 comments:
Hang in there, mama!!
It will get better! Sounds like he is in a major period of disequilibrium, but those are almost always followed up by some kind of breakthrough and then an extended period of equilibrium. Hope it happens soon!
It'll get better. And then worse. And then better. And then different. And then who knows. I'll let you know when we get there! ;)
Post a Comment