Saturday, October 25, 2008

26 Weeks

26 weeks! Amazing we've come so far, yet it continues to feel like we should be further along (maybe like, 32 weeks?).

But here we are, at 26 with a lot of upcoming plans: a trip back to Seattle (with major baby shopping and quality time with family and friends planned), Thanksgiving/rest for a couple weeks, visitors in December, Christmas/New Years holidays and then a few weeks wait in January for Thor's big debut. I have a feeling time is going to do nothing but fly by at this point!


We received both positive and negative news at our appointment this week. Thor continues to be perfect - great size/growth at 880 grams (1.94 lbs), good heartbeat, lots of activity, and certainly in the highest percentile for cuteness! The picture above is one of the first good peeks we've had of his face. He's usually hiding, rascal.

The bad news is that I have a small tear on my cervix, which the doctor thinks is due to Thor's head pushing down on it. She's worried about my cervix shortening early, so we have another appointment next week to check it and make sure all is OK. If so, off we go to Seattle. If not... ?? This week, I've been told to relax and avoid anything strenuous (exercise, lifting/moving anything, housework - yay!, etc). Because of this, Tim is being wonder-man: grocery shopping, cleaning, dealing with another bum computer hard-drive, and not letting me lift a finger. He says he must approve all moves I make, and is liking his new power. Ha, ha.

I'm sure things will be OK, and we will do whatever it takes to keep Thor happily floating in his placenta castle for another 10+ weeks.

Speaking of which, here we are at 26 weeks:


xoxo,
L, T and baby Thor

4 comments:

The Loidhamer Family said...

Awesome 3D ulrasound pic! Did you do one special or are those routine in Deutschland? He is adorable already!

Two brothers said...

What an adorable baby! Awesome ultrasound!

Laura said...

Thanks! They do an ultrasound (regular, and then she usually switches to 3D) during all our our appointments here. It's standard, and happens every 3 weeks. It's pretty cool!

Zervis Family said...

I can't believe what great prenatal care you are getting. We are lucky to get 1 ultrasound here, much less 3D! I can't believe how clear his face is!