We are so fortunate to have a happy, healthy, loving baby boy. Family and friends surrounding us. And to be celebrating a wonderful life this Christmas season. Our baby will be celebrating his first Christmas at 10 months old.
From the beginning, Van has been a curious sort. It has not lessened in later months. He's into EVERYTHING. One of his favorite pastimes is to stand up next to bookshelves and remove all the books. He's also taken to poking his head into the shelf to see what he can find in the verrrry back. Other than dust, I'm not sure what could be so interesting. While in my arms, if he sees something of interest, he twists and pokes his head around my shoulder to get a better look. And he's still a little ham for the ladies when we're out and about.
Other favorite things: reading (and flipping the pages himself, sometimes faster than I can read the words - no worries, I have most of the books memorized by now!), taking a bath, pulling himself into a standing position (then sitting, then standing, and repeating many, many times), hitting his open palm on chairs/daddy's head/the floor/etc while we say 'tap, tap, tap', and the christmas decorations (when someone is being a bit fussy, I like to take him over to the christmas tree and explain each of the ornaments and where they came from - he's amazed and pays such close attention!). He's also a mama's boy. It wont be like that forever, so I can't help but love it. Tim has his own niche with Van... when they play, he can get him to laugh with such crazy glee (yes, glee). Big hearty belly laughs that go on and on. Despite his interest, unless I take him to the tree, he leaves it alone. Our ornaments are happy about that.
This is such a huge exploratory time for Van, it's really fun to be part of his learning and discovery of the world around him.
We love you snuggle bug. Happy 10 month birthday!



No comments:
Post a Comment