Considering how much Van loves the bath, it was no surprise that he also loved a swimming pool. He's a water baby, just like his daddy. But while Tim and I took turns going in the ocean, we didn't get that adventurous with Van (he seemed content enough trying to eat the sand). The current seemed really strong, even for me to simply keep balance. Next trip, Van can dip his little toes in the salt water. As a matter of fact, Tim can't wait to teach Van how to boogie board. And he already has plans for the two of them to take surf lessons together. Guess we'll be going back in the future - yay!
As I mentioned before, Van started to crawl the day before we left. He became a crawling expert while we were there (thank goodness our hotel room was pretty baby friendly!), but has had to relearn his skills since returning home... slippery hardwood floors are much more difficult vs. plush carpet. It took him very little time to start motoring again. I'm so proud.
And... drum roll for this one... Van slept through the night IN HIS CRIB while on vacation. I don't know if he was so exhausted each day, loving the warm ocean air, or just preferred his rented super soft crib mattress, but he didn't have his usual 1am wake-up. I willed it so hard to continue once we returned home, and so far it's mostly worked! Fingers crossed that the little munchkin starts to love long nights of sleep, like I do (or did, back in the day, which I can barely remember these days).






4 comments:
Ahh- paradise indeed!! Is the photo of the black rocks @ Napili Bay?
We need to plan a trip together in the future. Can Clara sign up for surf lessons too?
:)
We should all take a trip together! We love Maui.
How did you like that hotel Laura?
@jamie - the pic of Van and I? Maybe, it was right in front of the gazebo after our yummy breakfast. Was that at napili bay? I can't remember.
@lisa - We really liked the hotel. Not on the beach, but we didn't mind. Lahaina was a cute town, and the hotel had 2 pools to choose from. We'd definitely stay there again. :)
We'll go too (I say before even consulting with Jedd)! Love the picture of Van on Daddy's shoulders. Looks like an ad.
Post a Comment